Nugget has flown across the country a total of 6 times, and has been on a total of 12 airplanes to do so. Pretty impressive for someone who hasn't even been born yet!
This last trip to Boston and Buffalo was Nugget's last airplane ride as a fetus though, just because a.) I'm in my third trimester now and there's something magical about that milestone that equals not flying. I think it probably has something to do with the airlines not wanting babies prematurely born at 30,000 feet! Although how cool would "somewhere over Cheyenne, Wyoming" look on a birth certificate?
and
b.) I don't really have anywhere else I HAVE to go before Nugget appears on the scene and it's tiring to travel.
and
c.) While my midwife had no qualms about me flying at 28-29 weeks, I wouldn't expect her to be thrilled about me flitting about the country any more from now on!
But as far as flying is concerned, Nugget seems to be mostly unaffected by it. For his/her first flights, he/she wasn't strong enough to have me feel any movements, but for this last one, Nugget was as active as ever. In fact, Nugget was particularly active during decent and landing. Whether that indicated enjoyment or discomfort is indistinguishable, I think that moving around a normal amount is an indicator of "goodness", so that's what I'm sticking with.
Now if only my flights didn't include such characters as "Seat back gripping turbulance freakout woman", "Incessantly Snoring Man", and "I've eaten a stock-pot full of beans Man", I would say that flying pregnant hasn't been too bad.
This could've been worse had I not had aisle seats so that I could get up and stretch my legs (and use the toilet!), but overall travelling pregnant is really not bad at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment