My breast pump arrived via FedEx today! Thanks Mom, Amy, & Gramma Ho! Ho! I got a Medela double electric pump (it's called the Advanced In-Style Backpack pump), which has fantastic reviews and NICU RN Mom says is the best brand. At some point I'll have to figure out how all the tubes and bottles and cones go together, but for now, at least I have it, so I'm ready when Nugget arrives and I start lactating. I plan on exclusively breastfeeding off the breast at first, and pumping to amass a supply of what Lance once referred to as "breastmilk freezer pops", so we can have a babysitter from time to time or go winetasting. Also thanks to Stef and Koos for sending us the bottle kit to use with the pump! We'll definitely be using the whole set of them!
The pump will also be a necessity when I go back to work in September and Nugget will be in daycare for half the day. I would really like to exclusively breastfeed Nugget until he/she is interested in other foods (usually recommended around 6 mos.) and continue breastfeeding at least until Nugget is a year old, at which point I'll continue until he/she weans him/herself. Having the pump will help to ensure that I can do that and bring home the bacon!
Plus I'll get to fulfill my lifelong desire to understand the experience of a dairy cow. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment