Easter is a fantastic excuse to buy chocolate (then again, I can find an excuse to buy chocolate any random day, so that's not saying a whole lot).
The kids Easter Baskets featured chocolate heavily (and also included the eggs they found at the DreamWorks Easter Egg Hunt...funny how the Easter Bunny found their egg stashes and neatly combined the treats), and they each got one small toy. RJ got a new Lightning McQueen (the Cars 2 version with the Grand Prix spoiler) to replace the exact same one which happened to have a slightly crooked wheel. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't replace a toy for such a small imperfection, but the Easter Bunny thought that Mommy and Daddy could use a break from hearing about the damned crooked wheel and thought that perhaps Logan wouldn't mind having an identical Lightning with such a minor flaw. Logan got some cool Haba stuffed Ice Cream Cones for the play kitchen.
When they woke up, the kids went hunting for their baskets. Logan's was found pretty quickly being that it was in the kids' favorite hiding spot; the cardboard space shuttle/Lightning McQueen (it recently got converted and painted by RJ, but Logan still calls it the space shuttle). RJ took a bit longer but eventually found it under a pile of future art project recyclables in their learning tower. (I know the Easter Bunny is a BITCH for hiding his basket under what looked like a pile of trash). I'll just let you watch...
Once the Easter Basket shenanigans were over, we had some breakfast. Usually I do the traditional Polish Easter Breakfast (swienconka), but this year I didn't have polish sausage (I need to get the family recipe to make it myself!), so we had homemade "funfetti" waffles, bacon, babka, and hard boiled eggs. The kids had decorated the eggs the night before with the dinosaur egg kit.
Then for dinner we had ham, candied scalloped sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Overall, it was a fun laid-back kind of day.


No comments:
Post a Comment