Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April in Pictures

Yes, I took a picture of myself in the
car just before my interview, because
I AM A DORK.
As one might have guessed from the fact that we pretty much stopped writing blog entries in April, it was a pretty insane month for us.  Not only did we have the normal hustle and bustle of our daily lives, but we found out we were pregnant unexpectedly (insert PSA for proper contraceptive usage here) with our third (as you'll read later on, it didn't stick, but I think that's for the best since we weren't really ready yet) and I had simultaneously landed a job interview that we were hoping would be our ticket to the bay area as well as a really exciting opportunity for me (Spoiler Alert: I did NOT get it, which sucks, but that's life).  All these things basically threw everything into a weird state of limbo, but we tried to keep things normal for the kids.

You've already read about RJ starting soccer, which gave us another weekly activity on top of RJ and Logan's gymnastics, RJ's preschool and our weekly co-op.  Both boys really enjoy their gymnastics, but sadly, I don't have any new pictures of Logan (and his best buddy, Ethan) in his class, since it's a mommy and me class and I got my hands full with Logan! 
Logan and Ethan typically spend Wednesdays together after gymnastics.  




Note: These are window crayons and markers, so they were
allowed to do this! The sliding glass door is a fantastic
medium for their artwork!

There was fort building
Playing inside the fort
Even with all the craziness of the month with us, the kids still managed to have fun at home!

Bouncing

Logan figured out how to climb into (and out of) his crib
using his toy bin.  Thank you, RJ for teaching him to
 land in the stuffed animals





Horsey Rides

Time at the playground
(they're talking to each other in the "telephones")

Mastering Wii skills
RJ went through a phase where he
 refused to sleep in his bed, opting
instead to sleep on the
kiddie version of a flip-n-fuck
small foam fold out couch.







Despite all the craziness of the month, we did try to smell the roses...mostly because they were too beautiful in bloom not too.  We have three bushes; red, white, and pink.


And the crazy month ended with my fondue pot exploding
(and dumping yummy cheese fondue everywhere) at Erika's
bachelorette party.  At least it broke in the shape of a heart.
That's a good sign, right?

More April Picture are HERE.

No comments: