I guess all new parents go through the process of eagerly anticipating when the next poo will come when they are infrequent and dreading the diaper roulette of finding a present when it is your turn to change the diaper. Somehow the British can make this whole process sound less disgusting:
It's amazing how much time we mums spend inspecting our baby's nappies, trying to figure out whether the frequency, colour and consistency is normal or not.
Not five minutes after birth while wrapped in a blanket on my tummy he had a massive crap. Then, things got quiet for awhile. The pediatrician said not to worry as some newborns will go as long as nine days between poos, but with the whole scale fiasco we wanted to see poo to insure he was getting enough to eat.
After a five day poo-embargo things started moving and it wasn't too bad, in fact, I was thrilled with how well the new cloth diapers withstood the onslaught. And then, like all good baby poo stories, all hell broke loose.
Around 10:30 pm on July 3, RJ had a massive blowout. I've changed a few diapers in my day and it is by far the biggest poo I've ever seen come out of a small baby. It was a two person job and required a full bath. It was everywhere, soaked the diaper, the diaper cover, his legs, onesie and socks. There might have even been poo on the ceiling.
I apologize for not taking pictures, but as I'm sure you are all curious he has been quite regular ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment