Monday, July 2, 2007

Back to "Work"...

I went back to the daily grind today after my two week stint of bonding time. I had considered taking one week and then taking a single day a week off for awhile, but having just gone through it I couldn't imagine taking any less time. Maybe when we have a third kid and I don't care anymore, but having the extra time now was really important so that I could be around to help Cheryl and RJ find their routine. It also helps that California has a pretty good Paid Family Leave program. The way it works is that the state through disability insurance funding agrees to pay roughly 55% of my paycheck. The company then uses vacation time to make up the other 45% and allows me to take 5 sick days. I can take 6 weeks total over the course of a year, so my usual 13 days becomes roughly 33 paid days off.



It wasn't all work today though, we had a special screening of Transformers. I wouldn't say it was a good movie, but I loved every minute of it. It delivered what I expected it to be and was a lot of fun as a result. In fact, I drove home with a goofy little boy smile on my face.

No comments: