Valentine's Day around here was good. We started the morning out with homemade heart shaped cinnamon rolls with Bagels, cream cheese and lox (because it's yummy AND pink).
The boys put on their "Spud Muffin" shirts and we headed off to preschool with RJ's 28 owl valentines (it's a miracle they were done on time since we made them ourselves and RJ signed each one! Thankfully, the teachers asked that they not be addressed, so we didn't have to do that!). Friends and family should be getting their Owl Valentines soon (I put them in the mail today. Yes, I realize it's March, but we wanted to finish them!).The party at RJ's school was WAY longer than I thought it would be. We got there at 10am and didn't leave until nearly noon. While his preschool is normally very organized, it's clear that losing one head teacher to another job and having the director out on maternity leave made a huge difference! It took a while to even get started, but Logan enjoyed the extra playtime in RJ's classroom, and pretty much ate his lunch in healthy and not-so-healthy party food at 11:30.

When Logan and I finally got home and I got him down for a nap, it was time for me to get moving on making our fancy dinner. I made roasted duck with pomegranate reduction sauce and corn cakes topped with garlic, bacon, smoky mozzarella kale saute (which I also drizzled with the pomegranate sauce!). Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the pretty presentation of the adult plates, but I did get pictures of the kids eating theirs! The corn cakes were a huge hit with them! And RJ even ate some of his kale, so I think it's clear that we all enjoyed dinner! For dessert I made strawberry chocolate yogurt parfait popsicles. (Basically pureed strawberries on top of strawberry-yogurt puree on top of strawberry-yogurt-chocolate custard ice cream puree).
After the kids' ate their popsicles and we got them to bed, us parents got to drink wine, have dinner together, and watch Glee (which had an AWESOME valentine's day episode!) All in all, it was a great day!
More pictures here.

No comments:
Post a Comment