It's pretty clear that the children in this family are the main event. They are in 99% of our photos, our activities revolve around them, and their birthdays are a hell of a lot more extravagant than ours (e.g., 8 layer T-rex cake). But, enough is enough. Since Lance and I were born a mere 6 days apart, it makes sense to celebrate our birthdays together. And this year, we actually acknowledged our September birthdays by having our friends, the Goldsmith's, over on the 24th, and by taking a date day on the 27th!
RJ goes to preschool on Tuesdays, and Logan can go to our friend Erika's family day care as a drop-in when we need/want, so Lance took the day after my birthday off work (he didn't want to take off on his birthday, also a Tuesday, because he gets a box of birthday cookies at work), dropped the kids off while I was getting a much needed haircut (it's been over a year since my last!), and then we drove over to the good side of the hill (the Bay Area side).
We strolled through downtown Livermore, had coffee, ate sushi for lunch without sharing the salmon nigiri with RJ. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE that RJ loves sushi, but it sucks when he reaches across the table and snags the last piece!
After lunch we visited two Livermore wineries (La Rochelle/Steven Kent and Murietta's Well) and treated ourselves to a couple of bottles after sampling the goods. I have to say that although La Rochelle was recommended to us as "the only Livermore winery with drinkable wines", I actually preferred the wines we had at Murietta's Well. Different tastes I guess!
Then we had some rare time at home without the kids before going to pick them up! 32 isn't too bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment