

A week after RJ's birthday, we threw him a birthday party. While I can't speak for all the guests, everyone appeared to be having a good time! The party was of course Lightning McQueen themed, since our lives revolve around Lightning and co. As guests arrived, the children took turns with the Power Wheels Lightning, who was a clear star of the party, and bounced in the bounce house (which of course featured a race car on top). Then, the activity I had planned was making plaster cars or trucks. However, this turned out to be a little complicated for 3 year olds, so I ended up making the cars and the kids just painted them. This ended up working out okay, but I wish I had made the cars and trucks ahead of time since they kept crumbling, I suspect due to the heat that day. I don't think the kids cared though. Maybe next year I can think of an activity that doesn't involve making a mess with non-washable paint (last year's party was painting t-shirts).

Then we made our own personal pizzas on pre-baked pizza dough. (I thankfully have a dough setting on my bread maker, which allowed me to be making dough when doing other things to get ready for the party!

After dinner, RJ got a little help from his friends opening presents. Thank you to everyone - RJ has been enjoying all his new things!

My favorite part of his party was the Lightning McQueen cake. I am still really proud of it and I'm looking for an excuse to make other cakes, because once I got the technique down, it was fun to make and even though it's bragging, it came out good both presentation and taste-wise.

As his guests left, a bonus was that we got to bounce for another hour because the bounce house rental company hadn't come to pick up the it up yet!
All the pictures link to the Birthday Party Album, but as you'll see, we didn't take a whole lot of pictures. If you have any pictures from the party, please send them our way!
No comments:
Post a Comment