Sunday, April 25, 2010

Logan Goes to NALS

After our South East adventure, we headed up to Muncie, IN (Home of Garfield the Cartoon Cat) so that I could attend the annual conference of the International Association of Laboratory and University Affiliated Schools (NALS). I was presenting some research on how new teachers develop guidance skills and since Logan and I are attached by the breast, we all had to go.
I am really impressed with how well Logan did as a conference buddy. I had him with me each day (of the three day conference) from about 8/9 am until about 1 or 1:30. Then Lance would pick him up and take care of him until 4, so I could have a little baby-free conferencing. During the time I had Logan, he was an absolute angel. Even when he was awake (and not nursing) in a session, he just batted at his dangling toy and stayed quiet, so I could pay attention. I think he enjoyed listening to everyone talk around him. He also charmed everyone who saw him between sessions. And he even slept for Daddy both days.

RJ got to visit the library and the Muncie Children's Museum with Daddy when Mommy and Logan conferenced.
The only crazy day was when my presentation was scheduled for 9:40 on Friday and we had to be checked out of the hotel by 11. Lance had both children and had to pack us up. That just sucked for Lance.

I don't think it will be as easy to take Logan to a conference next year!

No comments: