Guess who's pregnant. Relax, it's not Lance's supervisor. It's me!
We're gearing up for round two of "having a baby". RJ will become a big brother at the end of January. My due date is January 24, which means that I'm currently 12 weeks preggo and all is well. Now all we need is an in utero name for baby 2...it's hard to come up with a decent follow up to "Nugget". We're not a fan of Nugget 2.0, although Evil Fetus is starting to grow on me! Feel free to weigh in on what we should call this baby before he/she has a real name.
This pregnancy is not as easy as when I was pregnant with RJ. With him, I did not feel pregnant until I was 5 or 6 months along and I had happy hormones the whole time (yes, go ahead and hate on me for that!). With this one, I have been exhausted and nauseous and cranky. Luckily, I'm still functional through it all, but it is a huge annoyance especially when I'm starting a new position!
I am very happy that we were able to find an independent birth center this time around. While I had a midwife with RJ and a natural childbirth, which was the essence of what I was looking for in a birth, and of course had a great outcome, I was not happy being in the hospital, with my birth position, or all the interruptions in the postpartum room. Plus my first labor nurse was an evil bitch. I was ready to go home the night RJ was born (he was born at 4:24pm) and we were stuck staying the day after - not for any actual medical reasons though. I am very happy to report that we will be birthing at "A Sacred Birth Place" in Oakland, with a midwife, assistant midwife, and doula in a supportive, comfortable environment. I want to give birth squatting and here I could do so in water if I choose too. Plus, we will get to return to our home (with a house visit the day after) as soon as we are ready.
Also, it's absolutely true that one "pops" earlier with second pregnancies. I didn't really start showing or needing maternity clothes until I was about 16 or 17 weeks with RJ. This time around I feel like I need a props department from a tv sitcom to figure out how to hide my bump since I haven't shared the news with my supervisor (the dean) yet and I pretty much need to start breaking out the maternity and looser elastic bottoms because my clothes are getting tight. I was supposed to share with the dean last week, but my meeting was canceled due to his appendix bursting and subsequent emergency surgery! (He's recovering well though and I made sure that flowers were sent from the Child Development Center specifically!)
I guess it's time to start taking belly pictures again. One of Lance's coworkers really raised the bar this time around:
4 comments:
Congrats guys! Fantastic news. How about Chunk, Wad or Lump :)
That's awesome news! Congrats!
Congratulations! That's great you found a birth center there too, the ones around here are having some major problems (30% risk-out rates, threats to shut them down). Will you keep the gender a surprise again?
Congratulations! That is great news. I am sure RJ will love having a little sibling to pick on. I mean love. Maybe he can come up with the name.
Post a Comment