Easter Parade
As we were walking down the street we remark -- are those cows? Are those dancing cows? Are those dancing cows on rollerblades? Then we realize it is either a regular weekend in San Francisco or the Easter parade complete with drag queens (yes you did read the sentence correctly).
Bring Your Own Big Wheels
Big People on Kids Toys going down the steepest/crookedest street in San Francisco IN COSTUME
Since the name of the event is Bring Your Own Big Wheel (which is an annual Easter Sunday event), and I don't keep a big wheel in my back pocket, I unfortunately was unprepared or I would've been in the fray myself, but 40? Schteve? Dave? Dawber? I'd like a souped up Big Wheel that could handle these curves for next year. Or better yet - we should ALL do it!! If a guy on a modified trash can can make it down alive, a souped up long axle big wheel should too. A word to the wise...bring your own helmet too. My favorite wipeout was when the dumb guy carrying his big wheel up the hill got taken out by a heat of big wheels thundering down the hill.
Here is the official video and a collection of pictures.
Mission Bars
What Easter Sunday would be complete without Happy Hour?
Organic Sushi
To finish out the evening, Lance found an organic sushi restaurant in the Mission. They had the largest rolls I've ever seen. Fabulous Easter dinner! It probably makes up for the fact that we ate Turkey on Good Friday...oops.
I think the only thing we missed that was Easter-related in SF was the "Hunky Jesus" contest that we heard about too late!
This Easter was much better than last Easter, which I spent grading papers!
No comments:
Post a Comment