While we were strolling we stumbled upon a location shoot for the TV show NUMB3RS. I could only tell because the little carts the crew were pushing around said NUMB3RS on them. I really only saw a bunch of security and a guy who was dressed like an FBI agent. I doubt that a location shoot needed a real FBI agent, so my guess is that the guy was an actor - I didn't recognize him though. RJ stopped at a playground adjacent to the shoot to see some ducks and meet yet a pretty little girl to flirt with on the swings.

Alas neither RJ nor I was "discovered" by a stray agent or director or anything. Heh.Following our morning walk, RJ napped a little and then we checked out of the hotel and drove to check out the Santa Monica Pier, which is a nice little amusement park built on a Pier.
I think in another few months, RJ will be begging to go on all the rides - but for now, he had to settle for Momma holding him on his first carousel ride. Sorry the pictures suck, I was holding him on the moving horse with one hand and trying to snap pictures with the other. At first he was a little scared by it, but soon discovered that it was a really fun thing to experience.
We headed to LA to time nap time for the car ride. As the traffic didn't suck as much as LA traffic is supposed to (it was 1:30pm), I had to drive around a little more so that he could get a long enough nap. The hotel had valet parking, so I couldn't really just park and let him sleep and then check in, so I drove around a little - saw a sign for Echo Park and set the GPS to find it. We parked there and then walked around Echo Lake and stopped at the playground, where he met yet another little girl - although this one was about 7 years old and basically took RJ all over the play structure, helping him with the stairs and everything. She was doing a really good job, so I just stayed nearby and let him play with her. We checked into the hotel and then met Daddy to grab dinner. RJ was a little rambunctious in the tiny hotel room, but found a number of ways to amuse himself. In addition to hiding in the closet and playing with an inflatable beach ball (great travel toy!), he also decided that he didn't need a playground to climb.
This video is not recommended for the faint of heart or for anyone with an anxiety disorder of any kind.
Then, on Tuesday, we checked out of the hotel, drove Daddy to DreamWorks, and then visited Griffith Observatory for the view. We didn't go into the planetarium or anything, but I would like to when RJ gets a little older.
We hit Fred 62 in Los Feliz for lunch, but unfortunately didn't see anyone famous. I supposed I will have to hang out in Lauren Graham's neighborhood a little more if I ever plan on seeing her. Then we were back to Griffith Park to attempt a nap.Needless to say, even with RJ's kick ass sleep tent, a nap in a park is not possible with a toddler. I managed to get RJ into the tent, but then he thought it was a game and tried to roll his tent down the hill. He nearly succeeded too. Anyway, we gave up on napping and played on the massive playground nearby instead. It is a boundless playground, meaning that the whole playground is meant to be safe, accessible, and enjoyable for children of all ages, including those with disabilities. RJ loved it - we were there for over an hour and he didn't even get to parts of it because he was digging the parts he was in so much. It was an incredibly designed playground for a toddler and I could see that even younger and older children alike were having a great time there!
Then we picked up Daddy and headed back home to Northern California.
No comments:
Post a Comment