Monday, August 11, 2008

RJ Goes to Santa Monica...

"All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard..."
(Sheryl Crow, 1994)

On Sunday (August 10) Evening we drove up to Santa Monica and checked out the Third Street Promenade. If you're ever in Santa Monica, I would say skip the Third Street Promenade unless you're in a mood for shopping. It's an outdoor mall and most, if not all the stores can probably be found in your local mall or downtown area. But, it was a nice little walk in downtown Santa Monica.

We also took RJ to his park. Yes, there is a "Reed Park" in Santa Monica, and it just happened to be on the way toward dinner. Nothing special, it's really just a playground, but RJ is a much easier toddler to take around town if we let him out to play at strategic intervals!

Upon a recommendation off some random local mom's blog that came up when I googled "Kid Friendly things to do in Santa Monica", we ate some yummy mexican food at El Cholo. Not only was the food yummy (RJ dug the rice and beans, and even some of my seafood enchilada), but I also enjoyed my first margarita in over two years. I only finished a little over half (as I still had to nurse RJ at bedtime), but it was sooooo yummy!

No comments: