
Labor Day was a fun adult day. Our friends Izzy & Jaime, who we haven't seen since we left Boston, were in the area, and they organized a limo tour of Napa Valley where we (us, them, and another couple they know from grad school) tasted at 5 wineries in 5 hours. So, we brought my breast pump, a slew of RJ's frozen boobie milk, and our trusty babysitter, Erika. We went in the limo and RJ had a nice relaxing day with Erika at the Embassy Suites, where Izzy was able to check in early.
It was worth all that pumping I did on top of feeding RJ directly - the wine was fantastic and we had a fantastic time. Remember

that for approximately the last year I've been pregnant or breastfeeding. So, I have no tolerance whatsoever. And
Mumm Vineyards, our first stop, was generous in their tastings of mostly sparkling wine. And we hadn't eaten lunch yet. And we thought it was a good idea to crack open the complementary bottle of Korbel that came with the limo on the way there. Needless to say, I felt a little tipsy throughout the day!
We also sampled wines at .....
V. Sattui,
Freemark Abbey,
Chimney Rock, and
Signorello. That's five more of the 111 wineries that do public tastings down.
Once we were finished with the tour, we were reunited with our little cutie, I joined Izzy & Jaime in a dip in the hotel pool, we drank more wine from the hotel's open bar, and then drove around Napa looking for a sushi restaurant, but couldn't find it and ended up at a Mexican restaurant instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment