A few weeks ago, I decided to take the kids to the zoo on a Sunday. We're members and it was a great way of getting them out of the house so Lance could have some alone-in-the-house time (before you get too jealous, I *think* he spent the time doing our taxes).
This was a fabulous plan until we hit the exit before the zoo and I noticed that it was drizzling. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I wasn't sure how the kids (read: RJ, the drama queen) would react to it.
As it turns out, the drizzle was BARELY a drizzle, I had the kids coats on, and Logan had the stroller shade too, so everyone was comfortable. And quite a few other things worked out in our favor too.
 |
| 1.) The lions were actually close enough to see (even though they were sleeping) |
 |
| 2.) The zoo wasn't crowded so we could stay and watch any animal and talk about it as long as we wanted since we weren't in anyone's way. Also, it seemed that the zoo keepers and volunteers were out in full force and very chatty, which RJ really enjoyed. His favorite thing to learn was that lions don't typically eat elephants because one kick could kill a lion. Lions do however try to kill baby elephants in the extremely rare event that they're not protected by the herd. |
 |
| 3.) The tiger was ACTUALLY awake and walking around instead of being MIA or zonked out. And as you can see here, it did get sunny by the end of the day! |
and 4.) Logan seemed very into the animals this time. Here is a short video of him talking about the animals with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment