Perhaps I should review it on yelp.com too, but I thought this place was awesome. We started in the temporary dinosaur exhibit, which had animatronic dinosaurs as well as bones and an excavation area. RJ was a little fearful of the animatronic dinosaurs, but really liked the bones. RJ insisted on riding the duck/swan paddle boats first despite the loooooong line. I think we waited for close to an hour (or at least it seemed like it), and while I'll admit that there was some whining, he made a choice to stick it out to get to ride in a "Mr. Mallard" boat, which really impressed me. We got through the line with periodic counting of all the people in front of us (the line was a big curve around the edge of the pond, which lent itself REALLY well to counting all the people in front of us) and playing I Spy, which was fun because a topiary surrounded the pond where we were waiting. Then we finally got on our boat and RJ enjoyed being chauffeured around the pond since he could not reach the peddles (It was a good leg work out for me!).

We chose to partake in the Independence Day BBQ picnic instead of eating at the normal park vendors, and it was a good choice - BBQ chicken, hot dogs, potato salad, watermelon, rolls, ice cream, all you can eat. After lunch we cooled off in the spray area, but Logan lured us away from the refreshing spray (it was a hot day) because he wanted to ride the race cars and the firetrucks. He is starting to have his own preferences for activities, which is a sign that he is really no longer a baby! Then we rode the train around the park when we realized that Logan needed a nap!

RJ and I rode the roller coaster through the redwood grove twice (with no lines!) while Lance walked Logan around in the stroller in an attempt for a nap. The nap worked until RJ woke him up after the roller coasters. Clearly he didn't want Logan to miss out on walking through the waterfalls or the pinnacles maze or the water spray area, or any of the other rides!
Logan was a trooper though and despite his short nap, rallied for the rest of the day, enjoying the rest of the rides like the round boats, classic cars, and the apple & worm. I wish we had gotten to visit more of the gardens while there, but I will definitely take the kids back one of our free Fridays. I can't wait to go during the week when the lines might be a little shorter! More pictures here.


No comments:
Post a Comment