Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DeLancey Family Winter Travel Volume I: Momma and the Boys in Buffalo


When I mentioned that I was planning on flying with both children (with a layover at JFK) a week prior to Lance joining us, the general consensus was that I was either incredibly brave or incredibly insane. There were definitely some trying moments, like when both my children managed to piss themselves en route (Logan peed all over himself while I was changing his poopy diaper on the airplane), and RJ got quite upset about his accident that occurred when he had to pee as we were landing and then couldn't get off the plane in time because of the 13 rows of people in front of us. Luckily I had packed a change of clothes for both of them (even though RJ hasn't had an accident out in at least 6 mos, maybe longer). RJ did not like my plastic bag fix for his completely soaked sneakers though, but at least they kept his new, dry socks dry. Generally speaking the trip was much more pleasant than I had thought it would be. RJ did some coloring thanks to a Cars "Pack Up", and watched more TV than he is typically allowed thanks to Jet Blue's Direct TV. Logan flirted with everyone around us, nursed a little more often than usual since I put him on the boob when he got fussy (and it still works like a charm for mood improvement), but he took his normal naps, albeit on my lap. I will take holding a sleeping baby over containing an awake squirmy baby in a small space (even with Jet Blue's extra leg room) any day! Both kids slept on the flight from JFK to Buffalo. AND on both flights, we had the 3 seats to ourselves! The women seated next to us on the long flight chose to take one of the open middle seats over crowding our little circus with her assigned aisle seat and no one was seated in our row on the second flight.



Once we were in Buffalo, we had a rough sleeping week, but otherwise had fun.

There was the snow, of course. RJ helped Grammie shovel her deck and I took the kids out to play in the field in front of Grammie's house. RJ and I made a snowman and a snow-Logan (Logan buried in snow up to his waist), and some snow angels.

We also made cookies and decorated Grammie's tree (and the boys decorated each other a bit too).
*As a side note, I'm not sure why all our pictures are incredibly blurry. The lens of the cameral might have been smudged or there is something else wrong, but it unfortunately plagued most of our holiday pictures :(

No comments: