Friday, October 16, 2009

Pittsburgh Visit - Summer 2009

Grammie, RJ, and I drove down to Pittsburgh so that RJ could see his GGma and GGdad and Aunt Helen and Uncle Jim. We made a quick pit stop at the Grove City outlets on the way down to let RJ stretch his legs and so I could get him and daddy some Steelers gear and check out the Columbia outlet for RJ's winter coat. Of course, despite leaving at a reasonable time for RJ to take a nap, he completely refused to nap until we got off the exit in Pittsburgh.

We had a really nice visit. RJ wowed his GGs with his vocabulary. He really enjoyed reading his new book (that Grammie bought him at the outlets) with GGdad. I think they both got a kick out of asking RJ, "Where's the Judge?".

RJ also got the opportunity to learn one of daddy's old tricks: Rolling down his grandparent's backyard hill. It took Uncle Jim a couple of tries, but eventually RJ was log-rolling down the hill like an old pro. I think the next time we're there in the winter snow, we might just need to borrow or buy a sled for him!

It's unfortunate our trip was so short!

No comments: