Airplanes: This was a book that was far too advanced for him on Airplanes (it was from the big kid non-fiction section, but he spotted it and became instantly obsessed with it). He loved going through it saying airplane, airplane, airplane, airplane, etc...
A Sandra Boynton board book that involves counting Hippos going to a party: This book gave him a new word to add to the "list" that I can no longer keep up with - wagon.
Trucks: A nice little book that talks about different kinds of trucks on the road. His favorite pages in the book were the page that had the bulldozer (or "digger" in RJ speak) on it and the page with the ice cream truck.
Mi Cuarto: A spanish board book that labels household items. I've been trying to expose RJ to a little Spanish, even though I don't speak it really. I remember some of the vocab from high school, but that's about it. Anyway, I would label the items in Spanish and RJ would correct me by using the English. But it did what I wanted it to do - it exposed him to it.
And finally, the book that I think RJ was using to try and send a message:
Here comes Grandma!: He was instantly obsessed with this book and he found it and picked it up all by himself. It's a cute little book where a Grandma is on her way to see a grandkid and does so by walking, bicycling, driving a bright red hot rod, riding a horse, flying an airplane, skiing, taking a hot air balloon, swimming, and riding as a stowaway on a train until she finally sees her grandkid at the end. RJ has a Grandma (Lance's mom) and a Grammie (my mom) and on about half of the readings, RJ would point to the Grandma and say "Grammie" and on about half he would say, "Grandma". I found this pretty cool that he was relating the book to his own life. He also labeled the child in the book as RJ every single time we read it! I think that RJ was trying to tell Grandma and Grammie something by picking out this book!
1 comment:
Grammie can't wait to come and see your again!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment