Saturday, October 27, 2007

Second Credit...

The next movie is set for release Nov 2. I think you'd have to not read magazines (Time, Forbes), newspapers (NY Times, Washington Post), watch tv (the office, 30 rock, chuck, etc.), drive (billboards), go to the movies (cutouts), eat out (McDonalds), or shop (cereal, etc.) if you didn't know that already.

Anyway, today was the friends and family screening so RJ got to see his first movie. He was awake for the entire movie, only spending part of it eating. Even as he was eating, he would unlatch and crane his little neck to see the action on the big screen. And then, he'd realize that he was still hungry and latch back on again. When he was done eating, he sat on Cheryl's lap and watched intently as all the brightly colored characters interacted on the big screen. He particularly enjoyed the credits, which featured a little bee buzzing around and of course his daddy's name.

For those of you interested in the things I do at work since I usually can't talk about it, there are some videos online that give you a bit of the behind the scenes. Since this is all on the web anyway I'll just point you to the right places.

Seinfeld did a series of what they're calling TV Juniors. If you watch the one called "Eat Sleep Drink Animation" you can see my department's building in the background -- "Riverside". That's in Glendale however so I only go there a few times a year.

There is also a new Dreamworks Animation website. The reason I'm telling you this is not only to subject you to flash, but if you click on "Studio" and then "A Day in the Life" you can watch some humorous videos of the various departments and get a glimpse of the cube farms where I work. I work very closely with the "Completion", "Character Technical Director", "Animation", and "Department Technical Director" departments.

Oh, and RJ and I both have converse shoes now. Mine are a company purchase as a shout out to the converse-like shoes worn by Barry B. Benson (Jerry Seinfeld's bee character in the movie), and RJ's are brown.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C,mon you really got the shoes because they were "Black and Gold".. Steeler colors!