Sunday, August 26, 2007

California Hippie Mom

I definitely fit right in here in the bay area. My lease on the CR-V was nearing its end and I wouldn't be able to keep it under mileage this semester since my commute is so far. So, yesterday Lance, RJ, and I went to our local Honda dealer to see what kind of deal I could get on a Civic. I liked Lance's Civic and it would be better on gas than the CR-V, it's a really good little car known to last, and we can afford to buy one and still save up more for a house. So, the only sticking point was color - since I refuse to get an ugly non-color like black, white, gray, silver, or that beige metallic that is mysteriously popular these days. Whatever happened to nice bright car colors?

I wanted a red one, but they didn't have one, and we walked around the whole lot, new and pre-owned to find some semblance of a color. There was a denim blue one, but it wasn't the right trim. And then, while perusing the certified pre-owned lot, I saw the cute little 2006 opal blue hybrid that only had about 3000 miles on it. I wasn't planning on buying a hybrid, since they are considerably more expensive and the tax write-off and gas savings aren't usually worth the extra money. But, the environmental hippie in me basically started drooling - so we went to run the numbers, just to see. Shortly after starting this process, RJ decided that he had enough of car shopping and he was hungry. So, the hippie mom in me kicked in and I breastfed him right there while making the deal. We actually got a pretty good deal. I cleared out my CR-V right there and drove my happy hippie-mobile right off the lot, same day!

RJ even had his turn at the wheel!



Lance and I now have His and Hers Civics, which makes our garage really cute.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Now you just need a pair of personalized license plates. :)

Anonymous said...

How about one plate with an R and the other with a J.

Of course you would have to park them in the right order in the garage.